Workshops and Seminars
All trainings, unless otherwise indicated below, take place at the ConEx University Headquarters Training Room (2660 William St.). Workshops are stand alone presentations. Series Seminars (NEW!) are broad topics, comprised of at least two classes. The classes within a Series are subtopics related to the overarching subject matter–you can register for one or all of the classes within a Series, the choice is yours!
Last Classes of the 2022-23 Season!
Classes will resume again in fall 2023. Be on the lookout for the release of ConEx U’s 2023-24 Season Class Listing!
If you have content feedback to offer with us while we plan for 23-24 this summer, please contact our Workforce & Education Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or CLICK HERE to take an online survey
NYS Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (Individual Employee)
$17/employee (members) / $32/person (non-members)
2022-23 Season Content Listing:
- Living with the NEW Wage Theft Law, Tony Adams from Adams & Leclair
- Suicide Prevention in Construction, Janice Vertlieb, Construction Industry Alliance Suicide Prevention Champion
- Labor Law Series, David Adams, Hurwitz Fine
- Recruiter’s Secrets Series, Lynn Novo, Nordstrom Williams
- NYS Sales Tax Seminar, Scott Sliker, The Sales Tax Professionals
- Cybersecurity Considerations for 2023, Panelists from Lawley, datto, & PCA Technologies
- Finding & Hiring Talent Webinar, Lynn Novo, Nordstrom Williams
- LIVE Group Training on Sexual Harassment Prevention Training, Jeff Wach, Triple Track HR Partners
- Business Basics: Construction Law, Dan Sarzynski; Rupp Baase, Drew Miller; Webster Szanyi, and Elizabeth Kraengel; Duke Holzman,
- Business Basics: Construction Insurance, Andrew Tokasz; USI Insurance Services, Mike Ross and Rob Copolla; Lawley Insurance
- Marijuana Reasonable Suspicion Training, Dr. Stuart Dorfman, HealthWorks
- Business Basics: Construction Surety Bonds, Representatives from Lawley, Liberty Mutual, M&T Bank, USI Insurance, and World Wide Bonding Agency
- Business Basics: Banking in Construction; Representatives from Evans & Northwest Banks
- Intro to Blueprint Reading Course (Winter & Spring), Devin Filipiak, Filipiak Construction
- Worker’s Comp Series, Brett Miller & Tina Hassler, Goldberg Segalla
- NYS MWBE: Navigating the Application, Elise Cassar & Elizabeth Kraengel; Duke Holzman
- Mechanic’s Liens: Dan Sarzynski, Rupp Pfalzgraf
- Top 10 Necessary (and unnecessary) Contract Terms, Erin Borek, Phillips Lytle
Click here to view the full schedule of safety courses available through Construction Exchange Safety Services. Or call the office at (716) 874-3435 to set up a private course.
The Construction Exchange University offers a wide range of training programs and classes to both members and non-members of the Exchange.
The class schedule is driven by The University’s Education Committee which is comprised of a multifaceted group of industry stakeholders. The group is charged with identifying and providing training or informational seminars relevant to the industry and the needs of CEX Members.
Topics offer continued education in construction management, project contracts, proposals and bids, worksite safety (OSHA 10/30), Blueprint Reading, human resources, construction law, marketing, security & technology, insurance and so much more!
Education Committee Members:
Reginald Alls, Montante
Karen Antonelli, Chiampou Travis Besaw & Kershner
Gary Bichler, R&P Oak Hill Building Company
Erin Borek, Phillips Lytle
Susanne Kelley, Sienna Environmental
Andrew Malcolm, Campus Construction Management Group
Joe Mannarino, Buffalo Construction Consultants
Drew Miller (chair), Webster Szanyi
Byron Nakagawa, United Rentals
Greg Schober, Huber Construction
Amber Storr, Hurwitz & Fine
Tim Toole, Lawley Insurance
William Vail, PaintCraft
Sarah Viksio, M&T Bank
Ryan Vondell, Redi-Mix
Eric Wilczak, D.V. Brown